Welcome to vswitchzero, a personal blog with a primary focus on VMware NSX, VMware vSphere, networking and PC hardware.
About the Author:
My name is Mike and I’ve worked for VMware in several capacities for the last twelve years. I am currently a Site Reliability Engineer in VMware’s Networking and Security business unit (NSBU). In this role, I support VMware Cloud on AWS and specialize in NSX and all things connectivity related. Prior to this, I was a Staff Escalation Engineer in the Global Support Services organization. In that role I worked with some of VMware’s largest NSX customers and provided back-line support on a variety of complex operational and design issues. Going back even further, I provided networking support for vSphere, VCNS/vShield and the Cisco Nexus 1000V. I also did a rotation on VMware’s Knowledge Management team where I wrote and maintained KB articles for VMware.
A few years ago I had the opportunity to write a few articles for the VMware Support Insider blog, which rekindled my interest in writing again. I’ve started this blog in the hopes that I can share my knowledge and as an outlet to discuss the things that interest me.
- VMware Certified Implementation Expert Network Virtualization (VCIX-NV)
- VMware Certified Professional Network Virtualization (VCP-NV)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 (VCAP5-DCA)
- VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 6 (VCP6-DCV)
- VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 5 (VCP5-DCV)
- VMware Certified Professional on vSphere 4 (VCP4-DCV)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA R&S)
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
- ITIL V2 Foundation Certification
Blog Posts at the VMware Support Insider:
- Troubleshooting Network Teaming Problems in ESX/ESXi
- Challenges with Multiple VMkernel Ports in the Same Subnet
- Troubleshooting Network Teaming Problems with IP Hash
Copyright and Disclosure:
© vswitchzero.com, 2017-2021. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of any material on this site (including text, photos/images and video) without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to the author and with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Please note that although I work for VMware, all of the views, comments and opinions on this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
Have a question or want to get in touch? Please use the below contact form: